Trying to understand running shoe width Nike Air Max 1 Mens differences can be mystifying. To help you out, below we’ve answered the shoe width questions most frequently asked by customers.

How Much Wider is a ‘Wide’ Shoe?
The actual width of Moncler Veste Homme a shoe will vary a bit from brand to brand and shoe to shoe. For instance, one of our RW staffers can wear most New Balance shoes in a standard width, but finds even the wide width of Nike Air Huarache Dámské most Saucony shoes to be a bit snug. When a shoe increases by a width (for instance, from D to 2E), it increases by about 10 millimeters.

How do I know if I might need a wider shoe?

If Nike Air Max 1 Mens Black White you’re getting blisters on the sides of your forefoot, if your foot hangs over the edge of your shoe’s platform, or if the Nike Air Max 90 Homme shoe is cutting off circulation to your toes, then you might need a wide or extra wide shoe.

How do I figure out which width I need?

The most accurate shoe fit, including width Nike Air Max Classic BW Damen fit, is measured using a tool called a Brannock Device (shown above). Most running retail stores will use this tool to determine the size and width shoe that will work best for you. Nike Air Huarache Womens If you don’t have access to a Brannock Device, then you can gauge which width you need by the fit of a standard width running shoe.

If the upper of a standard width running shoe is too Nike Air Max 1 Homme snug, but the platform feels good, then you probably need a wide shoe. If your foot is spilling over the platform of a standard width Nike Air Max 90 Hyperfuse Womens running shoe, then you likely need an extra wide shoe. If Nike Air Huarache Dámské the upper of the shoe feels too roomy, then you might try a narrow shoe.