In Kerbal Space Program, there is a planet called Duna. orbiting it is a Moon called Ike. Ike is very massive compared to Duna, and the two objects are very close together. A Double Planet is a system where two massive objects orbit each other, so Pluto and Charon are a Double Dwarf Planet system. So then my mind collided these two thoughts together.
In real life, what if there was a system like Duna and Ike? Let's assume for the moment their sizes are corrected from the Kerbal Universe to 10.61 times their Kerbal size. Obviously "Barycenters would happen.", but what would happen to the planets themselves?
Note: The above is written as an email to xkcd "What If?". I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on the idea, in the likely event Mr. Randall Munroe does not get around to answering this question.
View more random threads:
- Re: HSC Biology Marathon 2016
- Was a French PRIEST really behind the...
- Peruvian 'Game Cars' offer Mario Kart 8 for...
- There's now a 'live' Jurassic World webcam
- Electric Sheep review
- Star Wars has a new R2-D2
- Sony's finance chief explains why it's been...
- Getting back to KSP
- NASA’s Hubble celebrates Fourth of July...
- Dilation effects measured.